Wednesday, September 16, 2015

When Conflict Cannot Arise

"Living one’s life involves a series of happenings in which an awareness of the ‘me’ as a separate entity really does not exist. The ‘me’ becomes conscious of itself only when there is conflict. Until then, so long as everything is moving smoothly without any frustration, without any contradiction, there is no consciousness of oneself in action. I am aware of myself and my ‘problem’ only when I am blocked by something that the ‘other’ has done which has affected me adversely. It is necessary to understand the relationship between ‘me’ and the ‘other’. Normally, if I am hurt or opposed, my immediate reaction is that the ‘other’ has done it and so I hate him. If, however, I am able to accept that in life, as the Buddha has so clearly stated, everything is a happening and nothing is a deed done by anyone, the ‘conflict’ simply cannot arise. If I am hurt, it is obvious that the event – according to the Cosmic Law – was supposed to hurt me, and, most importantly, through which body-mind organism it happened is totally irrelevant."

Balsekar, Ramesh (2013-03-14). The One in the Mirror (Kindle Locations 96-105). Yogi Impressions Books Pvt. Ltd.. Kindle Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment